SMPS Ambassador Travel to Haiti
What you need to know
- Tentative dates for travel 2020: Spring Break - Wednesday, April 1 (red eye to Port au Prince), to Wednesday, April 8 (return to LAX)
- Open to 7th & 8th Grade students -- each student must have a parent travel with them
- Cost: $1,800 per traveler, includes accommodations and transportation in Haiti, most meals and gratuities
- Air travel is the responsibility of each family. Details given in early November.
- Applications are here and include a written portion and teacher recommendations. The deadline is Monday, October 14; please turn in your application to the School Office.
- Limited to 3-6 student/parent pairs
- Notification to those accepted by the end of October and confirmation will be due about a week following
- Once accepted, Information and Emergency Forms and $600 non-refundable deposit per traveler due by the first week in November
- Those traveling with the group: Kristi Bradley and/or Reynaldo Macias, another faculty person from St. Matthew's, possibly other adults from other Haiti Partnership schools
- Travelers must be flexible, patient, in good health, willing to meet and become friends with new people, and able to tolerate experiences associated with an emerging country
Preparation and Return